- Athma Bodha (Knowledge of The Self) – Part 3. Requirements to study the Knowledge of the Self.
- Athma Bodha (Knowledge of The Self) – Part 2. Prayer Song and the questions that arise.
- Athma Bodha (Knowledge of The Self) – Part 1. Who am I?
- Athma Bodh (Knowledge of The Self) – Outline
- Emotional Distancing and Intellectual Alignment
- Spirituality in Practice – Living life with a Conscious Self-awareness.
- Brahmam Okate’ : Everything is part of nature!
- Enlightened Living: Progression from Self-Control to Total Self-Control to Un-attached active Engagement.
- Year end reflections – 2019
- Repentance vs. Forgiving
- Follow Spirituality In Practice on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Part 3. Requirements to study the Knowledge of the Self. 1. I (Adi Sankara) am composing this Athma Bodha (Knowledge of the Self) for those who have (a) Minimized their negative attitudes and tendencies; strengthened their noble thoughts and deeds … Continue reading
Following are the three verses of the Morning Prayer song composed by Swami Adi Sankaracharya: In the early morning I meditate (smarami) on the Self, residing in the deep wells of our hearts. It is Real Knowledge, Eternal Happiness, the … Continue reading
Who am I? There are two aspects to “Who am I?” or the “Knowledge of the Self”. One is the cognitive aspect which we can relate to readily. The other is the in-cognitive forces of nature (Brahman) the enabler or … Continue reading
Athma Bodh (Knowledge of The Self) Composed by Bhagawan Adhi Sankaracharya An interpretive translation with commentaries; Acknowledgement: Preparatory reading included the book by Swami Chinmayananda. Swami Adi Sankara has composed a morning prayer that contains three verses. He has also … Continue reading
In our essays on Spirituality in Life, we see an undercurrent, a constant theme: Living life with a conscious self-awareness; engagement in life with a larger perspective that includes others (and everything) as much as we can. It is equally … Continue reading
The knowledge gained from Vedas (Vedantha ) can be summarized in two statements: Thath Thwam Asi (You – the individual – and the Universe are integral in each other) Sarvam Brahma Mayam ( Everything is Brahman) Universe is the Cognitive … Continue reading
Enlightened Living: Progression from Self-Control to Total Self-Control to Un-attached active Engagement.
Thendral is a monthly publication in Tamil Language published from Bay Area, CA. USA. Recently I read the following letter in a recent publication of Thendral in the column that provides advice to the readers: “Dear friend: I am 77 … Continue reading
Thank you for your support reading the blog posts and occasionally offering your comments. As we draw to the conclusion of the year 2019 (and hence this decade!) below is a summary of our blog posts through this year. Each … Continue reading