- Athma Bodha (Knowledge of The Self) – Part 3. Requirements to study the Knowledge of the Self.
- Athma Bodha (Knowledge of The Self) – Part 2. Prayer Song and the questions that arise.
- Athma Bodha (Knowledge of The Self) – Part 1. Who am I?
- Athma Bodh (Knowledge of The Self) – Outline
- Emotional Distancing and Intellectual Alignment
- Spirituality in Practice – Living life with a Conscious Self-awareness.
- Brahmam Okate’ : Everything is part of nature!
- Enlightened Living: Progression from Self-Control to Total Self-Control to Un-attached active Engagement.
- Year end reflections – 2019
- Repentance vs. Forgiving
- Follow Spirituality In Practice on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: experience
In our last essay on Mind over Matter we dealt with the subtle aspects of mind, matter and the Self. Matter is what we perceive through the mind. When the mind is held in check and used as a tool … Continue reading
Thus we have two avenues to answer the question: “Who am I?”
• I am Consciousness!
• I am a product of my experience (or Vasana).
Our evolution in spirituality depends on the clarity and understanding of these two pathways and their interconnection. Anatomy of our experience helps us greatly in such understanding and clarity.
When consciousness gets connected with anything external to it, an experience is born. Continue reading
To look at life in a dispassionate manner, just like watching a movie, we need the ability to recognize the picture in each frame. Then we can enjoy life, just as we can enjoy the movie. The movie viewing experience can make us one with the story line in the movie. But, we see the separation as soon as we step out of the movie theater. Such ability to observe our own life is part of Self-Realization.